So it’s Summer, the sun is shining and you want to make the most of it! Why not do something small and make a huge difference to the lives of our wonderful children at the Home?
Love walking? It boosts our mood and gets us fit, doesn’t it. Use it as an excuse to walk somewhere beautiful and invite friends (they could come too!) to support our children.
Good at baking? Do a cake sale – everyone will love you!
Got no energy? Lie in a bath of bakes beans and win the respect you deserve!
Got noisy kids? Challenge them to do a Sponsored Silence!
We’ve got no end of fun ideas for solo fundraising through to little events to help bring your church or street community together while making a concrete difference to the little ones we’re caring for – just take a look at the list here. We’ll cover you with public liability insurance too, just ask.
A few extra reasons to gather the pennies …
- Get to know the neighbours – doing a sponsored activity can give you an excuse to get into conversation with the other mums at the school gates or create a sense of camaraderie along your street.
- Make your CV look interesting – whether you’re doing that dreaded ‘Personal Statement‘ for university or wanting to demonstrate some qualities on your CV, saying you’ve raised money for charity always looks positive.
- Create a fun atmosphere at work – will George survive the wet sponges or won’t he? What books will Amanda choose for her reading challenge?
- Get yourself healthier – most of us need a reason to diet or run that 10k. What a great feeling when you’ve lost 1 stone and helped children get fed into the bargain!
Worried you won’t get sponsors?
Here’s a few tips…
- Get in touch with your various sets of friends – school, work, family, club, gym, church
- You may want to word things differently according to what they would like to hear
- Keep people interested in what you’re doing. What are you planning? How’s training going? Let them see that you’re working hard and towards a goal,
- Keep it fun and friendly – have a smile over it!
Here are some pages to help you. KCT’s endless list of activity ideas here